வயதானவர்கள் மற்றும் உடல்நலக்குறைபாடு உள்ளவர்கள்
People above 70 years of age and people with medical issues either currently or previously are at the most risk from COVID-19. This data shows the elderly are at a much greater risk than young people.
Mortality Rate %
70 - 79
50 - 59
< 0.5 %
With the available data there are no reported deaths of children under 10 years of age, and children seem to have a very low mortality rate from COVID-19.
The people with preexisting medical conditions tell a similar story. People with underlying medical conditions are at a greater risk than people without any predisposed medical condition. (source)
Mortality Rate %
Chronic Respiratory Disease
No Health Condition
This all indicates that if you belong to any of the above said category you are at High Risk from COVID-19. You will need to take special precautions.
The above said people in the high risk category should follow these extra precautions to the ones specified in the guide.
- 1.Stock up on groceries and home supplies to avoid grocery visits and/or orders.
- 2.Take extra care to maintain safe distance (1 metre ideally) from others
- 3.When out in public on an absolutely necessary errand, limit contact and wash your hands often.
- 4.Avoid crowds as much as possible
- 5.Avoid all non essential intercity travels
- 1.Contact your healthcare provider (doctor/clinic/hospital) to ask about obtaining extra necessary medications in case of an outbreak - you might need to stay indoors for a prolonged period of time.
- 2.Over the counter supplies (tissues etc) and medicines could be procured and kept ready in case you fall sick and need basic home treatment. Most people will be able to recover at home.
- 3.Have enough household items on groceries on hand to avoid unnecessary outside contact
Take extra measures to ensure safe distance from others
- 1.Stay at home as much as possible
- 2.Consider ways of getting supplies delivered to your home throughfamily, social or commericial networks